Current wait times/Parking capacity

Security Line < 30 minutes
Short Term Parking 47% Full
Long Term Parking 63% Full
Extended Parking 65% Full

PIT Passenger Traffic Report For June 2010


  • Traffic up 1 percent; third-consecutive monthly increase
  • Seven airlines report an increase of over 12 percent
  • American Eagle Airlines announces additional nonstop service between Pittsburgh and Miami, beginning November 18.

PITTSBURGH, PA (August 16, 2010) – Passenger traffic at Pittsburgh International Airport ( has increased for the third month in a row; AirTran Airways reported a 56 percent increase in passengers at Pittsburgh International Airport in June 2010 compared to June 2009, according to the June 2010 Scheduled Airline Traffic Report prepared by the Allegheny County Airport Authority.

Six other airlines reported an increase of over 12 percent. A total of 749,185 scheduled passengers were enplaned and deplaned at the airport in June 2010, a 1 percent increase compared to June 2009 (749,185 in June 2010/ 741,711 in June 2009; 1 percent increase). This marks the third consecutive month passenger traffic has shown a year-over-year increase. This is the first time since 2007 that traffic has increased three consecutive months. Year-to-date totals show a decrease of 2 percent in 2010 compared to 2009 (3,844,795; 3,922,714; 2 percent).

Of the eight airlines that showed an increase in passenger traffic, AirTran had the greatest increase of 56.3 percent in June (70,676/45,218; 56.3 percent). This equates to 25,458 more AirTran passengers in June 2010 than June 2009. The reason for this increase is that over the course of the year, AirTran’s daily flights increased from seven to 12.

The other airlines that reported increases were Midwest (7,287/6,300; 15.7 percent), Air Canada (4,226/3,655; 15.6 percent), United (82,630/71,701; 15.2 percent), JetBlue (22,436/19,687; 14 percent), American (43,221/38,591; 12 percent), Myrtle Beach Direct Air (5,193/4,635; 12 percent), and Continental (50,340/49,407; 1.9 percent).

Additionally, American Eagle Airlines, the regional affiliate of American Airlines, announced it will add one flight to Miami International Airport beginning Nov. 18, going from one to two nonstop flights daily. Flights to Miami will depart Pittsburgh International Airport at 6:30 a.m. and 5:20 p.m. daily. The return flights from Miami will land in Pittsburgh at 12:15 a.m. and 11:25 a.m.

“Now with two daily flights to Miami, air travelers from Pittsburgh International Airport will have more flexibility in getting to Miami and excellent connections to the Caribbean, South America and Latin America via American Airlines hub there,” said Bradley D. Penrod, Executive Director/CEO, Allegheny County Airport Authority. The flights can be booked at


PIT Airport Statistics :

June 2010 Stats
Aug 15, 2010