PIT - Allegheny County Airport Authority : Employment Opportunity (Aviation Business Analyst)
||Aviation Business Analyst
||Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Under general direction from the Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, provides analytical management assistance by planning, coordinating and directing programs and conducts surveys and studies related to air service development and special projects.
- Plan, organize and coordinate various projects, programs and services related to air service development.
- Identify, research, and coordinate with Authority staff and external stakeholders pending legislative rules, regulations and policies.
- Formulate recommendations and prepares reports and correspondence.
- Prepare and participate in Requests for Proposals (RFP’s)
- Confer with other departments, officials and consultants on project management issues.
- Compose presentations on assigned projects and programs to meet the needs of a specific carrier or audience.
- Maintain marketing materials directed at the air carriers and the regional business contacts.
- Interacts with regional stakeholders to obtain data and information for new business partners; coordinates data with stakeholders for marketing purposes related to the airport.
- Maintain database on passenger carriers, local & regional business contacts and other passenger related industry contacts.
- Assist with data collection for passenger and cargo airlines.
- Assist in identifying and targeting domestic and international airlines as potential customers through research and communication.
- Provide staff support to committees or other departments, as assigned.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in marketing, aviation management, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Three years-related experience in one or more of the following areas: marketing, business development / marketing.
- Airline route planning or airport business development experience is preferred.
- Possess or obtain prior to employment a valid Pennsylvania Class C driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
- Certified Member of the A.A.A.E Preferred
- to communicate honestly and effectively both orally and in writing with diverse constituencies on a variety of levels;
- to prepare clear, concise and comprehensive written documents in English;
- to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines;
Considerable knowledge of:
- the principles and practices of marketing.
- domestic aviation rules and international aviation freedoms of the air.
- Diio, U.S. DOT, T-100, MIDT, Bureau of Transportation Statistics, ARC (Airline Reporting Corporation), CNS, trade data and FAA databases.
- aircraft performance capabilities.
- the functions and operations of a medium hub airport
- standard practices in the fields of local government.
- Considerable understanding of the National Airspace System (NAS), current airline route development decision making criteria, and Air Traffic Control technology trends and applications.
- Considerable interpersonal skills; tactful, fair and consistent
- Considerable organizational skills, and the ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Some knowledge of the policies, practices and techniques of general management and administration.
- identify management problems and propose solutions.
- gather and analyze data and draw conclusions.
- prepare detailed written reports and procedures.
- select and/or devise analytical techniques and methods suited to the solution of management problems.
- become proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
Posting Period: October 18, 2013 TO October 31, 2013
The Allegheny County Airport Authority offers a competitive compensation package.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the Allegheny County Airport Authority, Pittsburgh International Airport. Attn: Human Resources, Landside Terminal, 4th Floor Mezzanine P.O. Box 12370, Pittsburgh, PA 15231-0370
EOE / M / F / D / V