PIT - Transportation Services : ACCESS 65-Plus Service
Using ACCESS 65 Plus Service to Pittsburgh International Airport
65 Plus riders are required to call the weekday in advance before 1:00p.m. to schedule a trip to Pittsburgh International Airport. You must call Friday for Saturday, Sunday or Monday service. You may place your return trip order up to two weeks in advance – before you leave town!
To arrange your trip, call (412) 562-5353 – the ACCESS Administrative office.
You will be asked to provide the Customer Service Representative with the name of your airline, flight number and the time your flight departs.
Will I get a direct ride?
No direct service to or from the airport is provided directly from your home. To get to the airport, you must use ACCESS to get to downtown Pittsburgh and transfer to one of two services that will take you to the airport.
You have two choices of transportation from downtown Pittsburgh.
When leaving from home, you will be scheduled to ride with your local ACCESS provider to Downtown Pittsburgh. You may choose between two transportation options to get to the airport.
- Classy Cab is the ACCESS service provider that will take you from the Westin Hotel at the Convention Center directly to the airport. The ride takes about 45 minutes. The Classy Cab driver will help you with your luggage. If you select this option, the ACCESS vehicle will take you to the main entrance of the Westin where you will wait for your Classy Cab.
- Port Authority’s 28X Route leaves from several stops downtown. It runs about every 20 minutes and only makes one stop before going to the airport. The travel time is about 40 minutes. If you select this option, the ACCESS vehicle will take you to the Port Authority bus stop on 7th Ave. across from the ACCESS office, next to Bruegger’s. Port Authority bus drivers do not assist with luggage.
Regardless of the bus service you choose, the ACCESS Customer Service Representative will know the schedule and will assist in arranging your trip to make sure that you arrive at the airport in plenty of time.
In order to ensure you arrive at the airport in plenty of time, if your flight leaves before 10:00 a.m. you cannot use ACCESS service to go to the airport since we cannot get you there until 8:00 a.m. If the National Security Alert Level raises from “yellow” status, requiring you to be at the airport three hours before your flight, you cannot use ACCESS service if your flight leaves before 11:00a.m. Coming home, in order to make your ACCESS connection downtown on time, you cannot use ACCESS to return from the airport if your flight arrives after 9:15 PM.
What is the fare?
For either option, you will pay the regular ACCESS fare from your home to downtown Pittsburgh. What you pay to go to the airport depends on your choice:
- Classy Cab
- If you are riding alone, the fare is 15 yellow tickets.
- If you are riding with someone else, the fare is 10 yellow tickets each.
- If you are taking someone under the age of 65 with you, their fare is 6 pink tickets.
- Be prepared to show the driver your ACCESS ID card.
- Port Authority
- If you are 65 or over, like all Port Authority service, the 28 X is free!
Your return trip from the airport
You may place your reservation for a ride home before you leave Pittsburgh, but it must be confirmed the weekday in advance. You must call (412) 562-5353 the weekday in advance before 3:30p.m. to confirm your trip, or it will be cancelled. You may have a friend or relative make the call for you as long as they can reach you with any important information about the trip.
If you are using Classy Cab for your re turn ride, when arriving at the airport, after your have your luggage, you must call Classy Cab at (412) 322-5080 to let them know you have arrived and are ready to go. A vehicle will be dispatched for you and will arrive within 45 minutes.
If you are taking Port Authority’s 28X service, go to the Port Authority bus stop and take the bus to town. Get off the bus at the Wood Street T station. When you arrive at the T station, your regular ACCESS provider will be there to take you to your destination.
What if my flight is delayed?
Classy Cab supervisors monitor the flights and will know if your flight is delayed. They will notify your ACCESS service provider to arrange another ACCESS ride to meet you at the Westin to take you the rest of the way home. If you decide to take Port Authority service to town, you must call your local ACCESS service provider when you arrive at the airport to let them know you will be late for your ride from town and when you expect to get there. They will arrange later ACCESS service to get you home.
Each passenger may take two pieces of luggage and a carry-on bag. The Classy Cab driver will assist you with your luggage, as long as it is of reasonable size and weight. Port Authority drivers do not handle luggage.
Call the ACCESS Administrative Office at (412) 562-5353.